Thursday, March 1, 2012

Student Highlight: Chas Mallicoat



It's time for another student highlight post!  Student highlights are a new feature in which a couple of times a month, you'll get to meet a fabulous student at Miami Hamilton.  I'm starting with my Office of Student Activities student employees.  You met Emily already, and now I'm pleased to introduce you to Chas Mallicoat!  Meet Chas, in his own words:


Hello fellow MUH students! My name is Charles Mallicoat, but most people know me as Chas. I am a freshman at Miami Hamilton and I'm working hard to obtain my Bachelor of Integrative Studies degree with an emphasis on Organizational Leadership. 

After graduating from a small private school, The Calvary Academy, I began preparing for my first year at Miami Hamilton. During my first semester I wasn't involved in anything. I literally went to class and went back home. I would see that really cool events would be going on, but I always thought, "they have events going on all the time, I can get involved later", not realizing that I was missing out on so much!  

At the beginning of my second semester (Spring '12), I decided that I wanted to be more involved on campus. After praying about it, the opportunity for me to apply for a job in the Student Activities Office popped up! Jumping at the opportunity, I applied and was hired to work Tuesdays and Thursdays. On these days you can find me doing a wide range of things. I change table tents, assist and help clean up CAC events, tidy up the office, and I’m also a part of Miami Hamilton’s Condom Campaign. Overall I do whatever Jen needs me to do, and I look forward to what the job may bring. Since I started working as a Student Activities Assistant I have met so many people. Looking back at my first semester I see that I was missing out on so many opportunities to have fun, learn something new, and meet new people. If you are interested in and looking for any of these things I highly recommend that you get involved! 

No comments:

Post a Comment